birth, and far from the safety of London and the protection
3. James, M.D., who practised his profession in London.
4. Alexander, who in 1721 married Margaret, daughter of Charles Mackenzie of Cullen.
5. Isobel, who in 1718 married Aeneas Macbean, Younger of Kinchyle, with issue.
6. Jean, who in 1712 married William Mackenzie of Davochcairn, with issue.
Roderick married, secondly, Katharina, daughter of Charles Mackenzie of Cullen.
He died in 1725, and was succeeded by his eldest son,
VI. RODERICK MACKENZIE, sixth of Redcastle, usually called "Ruairi Mor," who married, first, in 1707, Margaret, daughter of Sir James Calder of Muirton, widow of Alexander Dunbar of Westfield (by whom she had seven sons and a daughter), with issue--
1. Roderick, his heir and successor.