Not seeing the cause, their fear-ridden minds were free
2. James, who became his heir and successor.
3. Colin, of Meikle-Scatwell, who married Catharine, daughter of Alexander Mackenzie of Lentran, without issue.
4. William of Strathgarve, who married Janet, daughter of Alexander Mackenzie of Lentran (sasine of lands in 1747), with issue--John, II of Strathgarve, and Alexander, who died without issue. John married and had issue--William, III. of Strathgarve, and three daughters. William married a daughter of Dr Mackenzie, practising as a surgeon in Edinburgh, with issue--a son John, whose issue, if any, are unknown; and William, who died in India without issue.
5. Elizabeth, who in 1716, married Donald Mackenzie, V. of Kilcoy, with issue.
6. Jean, who married Alexander Mackenzie, IV. of Ord, with issue.
7. Catharine, who in 1747, married Robert Ross of Achnacloich.
He was succeeded by his eldest surviving son,
III. JAMES MACKENZIE, third of Highfield, who married Mary, daughter of Roderick Mackenzie, IV. of Applecross, with issue--