The beast was glaring toward one of the huts. Tarzan followed
1. Robert Andrews, his heir and successor.
2. Kenneth, Lieutenant 58th Regiment, who was born on the 14th of July, 1809, and died unmarried in Ceylon in 1830.
3. Alexander Douglas, an officer in the 58th and 68th Regiments. He was born on the 22nd of December 1811, and on the 17th of April, 1834, married Ann, daughter and co-heir of Joshua Rouse, Southampton, with issue--(1) Rouse Douglas, Captain 96th Regiment, born on the 29th of December, 1836, and married on the 20th of December, 1861, Alice, daughter of John O'Neill of Montbello, County Wicklow, with issue--a son and daughter; (2) Alexander Douglas, of the Mounted Police, Queensland. He was born on the 7th of February, 1843, and married in 1864, without issue; (3) Annie Douglas, who on the 31st of March, 1864, married John Croft, F.R.S.; (4) Mary Elizabeth Mackenzie-Douglas; and (5) Rachel Adela Douglas. Alexander died in 1848.
4. Edward, who died unmarried in 1835.
5. Lynedoch, Lieutenant 97th Regiment. He was born on the 28th of October, 1818, and on the 26th of July, 1848, married Laura Susanna, youngest daughter of Lieutenant-General Sir Archibald Campbell, Baronet, G.C.B., with issue--(1) Helen Maria Mackenzie, who on the 22nd of December, 1874, married Andrew Mitchell Mackenzie, son of the late Hon. Donald Mackenzie, Senator of the College of Justice, with issue --Donald Mackenzie, born on the 15th of July, 1878; Lilias Douglas; and Helen Maria Douglas; (2) Laura Augusta Mackenzie Douglas, who on the 13th of July, 1878, married Donald Mackenzie, B.A., W.S., eldest son of the Hon. Donald Mackenzie aforesaid; (3) Jessie Beatrice Mackenzie Douglas, who on the 25th of October, 1873, married as his first wife the Rev. Philip Richard Pipon Braithwaite, vicar of St. Luke's, Jersey, since 1881, and formerly of Abbotsham, Devon, with issue--William Douglas Braithwaite, born on the 22nd of October, 1876; Jessie Pipon; and Mary Mackenzie. Lynedoch Douglas died on the 15th of May, 1859.
6. Donald Douglas, Captain Royal North Down Rifles. He was born on the 7th of July, 1821, and on the 5th of August, 1847, married Emily Jane, fifth daughter of Hugh Kennedy of Cultra, County Down, with issue--(1) Donald Sholto Mackenzie, born on the 14th of December, 1849; (2) Kenneth Nigel Mackenzie, Lieutenant Essex Rifles. He was born on the 1st of November, 1851, and on the 31st of July, 1879, married Emma daughter of Thomas B. Street, of Friers Place, near Acton, Middlesex; (3) Emily Elizabeth Mackenzie, who on the 28th of November, 1877, married Colonel Robert Blair Kennedy, with issue--Kathleen Carlotta Douglas.
7. Rachel, who on the 23rd of February, 1843, married her cousin, John Snodgrass, Major 96th Regiment, with issue--(1) John Douglas, Captain R.A., born on the 21st of April, 1844, and married, with issue--a son who died young; (2) Rachel Etah; and (3) Edith Mary Mackenzie. Rachel died on the 15th of January, 1877, her husband, Captain Snodgrass, having predeceased her on the 27th of January, 1856.
General Sir Kenneth Mackenzie-Douglas died on the 22nd of November, 1833, when he was succeeded by his eldest son,