If the cat could have released him! Ah! that would have
2. Elizabeth, who married Alexander, only son of George Gillanders of Highfield, Chamberlain to Kenneth, Earl of Seaforth (marriage contract 17th April, 1777), with issue.
3. Abigail, who married George Mackenzie, IV. of Dundonnel, with issue.
Thomas died in 1803, and was succeeded by his only son,
VI. ALEXANDER MACKENZIE, sixth of Ord, who, during his father's lifetime, was, by deed of settlement of Katharine Bethune and Alexander Macdonald, her husband, dated 3rd December, 1785, appointed sole executor to Macdonald's only child Kenneth, whom failing, the said Alexander Mackenzie, younger of Ord, to be sole heir, "and this as a token of gratitude to the worthy family of Ord." Alexander married Helen, daughter of Neil Macinnes, Collector of Taxes, Aberdeen, with issue--
1. John, who died before his father, unmarried.
2. Thomas, who became his heir and successor.
3. Alexander, Captain in the 25th Regiment, Native Infantry, H.E.I.C.S., who married Hannah Fraser, daughter of James Fraser of Belladrum, with issue--(1) Alexander, H.E.I.C.S., who married a daughter of Colonel Birch, with issue--four sons and four daughters; (2) Charles-Archdale, in the Army, and three daughters, Helen, Emilia, and Anna. He died in India on the 15th of June, 1837.
4. Anne, who married her cousin, Thomas Mackenzie, VI. and last of the Old Mackenzies of Dundonnel.